Turner Family Dentistry COVID-19 Notification:
We are here to support our community and help everyone make it through this international crisis.
We are STILL HERE AND STILL OPEN to see EMERGENCY patients only.
- If you are in pain
- If you have active bleeding
- If you have an abscess
- If you have had dental trauma
- If you have swelling in your face or mouth
- If you need dental treatment prior to a critical medical procedure
- If you have a condition that would be life-threatening should it be left untreated
We are here to help.
Dr. John B. Turner has extensive experience not only as a dentist but also in emergency conditions. Dr. Turner spent many years before he entered dentistry working in the emergency room as a nursing assistant. In that situation, he learned to do what needs to be done for the good of his patients.
We will have someone on the phones 7 days a week and have an after-hours emergency line.
Here at Turner Family Dentistry, we practice all CDC and OSHA standards of infection control on a daily basis, even prior to this virus. We clean everything with hospital-level disinfectants as part of our standard protocol, and we sterilize all of our instruments. The handwashing protocol advised by the CDC is routine for us.
As per our standard policy, sick patients, patients who have had a fever in the last 48 hours, have any symptoms of COVID-19, or could have had contact with COVID-19 will not be seen to protect all involved in their dental care. If you are having COVID-19 symptoms or similar symptoms please call anyway and we will help you find the care you need.
We are currently going further as well. Our office was closed from March 13th - 17th, when the most critical transitions for precautions were changing daily due to the COVID-19 spread in this area. We reopened Wednesday, March 18th, with NEW extensive precautions in place to see emergency/essential patients only.
Our staff personally preformed an EXTREME and EXTENSIVE deep cleaning of every operatory and patient area floor to ceiling to go above and beyond for the protection of the emergency patients we will continue to see.
We have added the following precautions to our daily protocol for the emergency patients we will be treating.
- Our waiting room is closed.
- We screen patients over the phone for any illness, fever, recent travel, or possible contact with COVID-19.
- Patients check-in via phone call or text and stay in their car until their appointment time.
- We call the patient when it is time for their appointment, and they come to the front porch.
- The patients' temperature is taken before entering our building.
- The patient is escorted directly to their room, and when treatment is completed, they are checked out in the room and escorted directly out of the building.
- Employees are screened daily for current symptoms of illness.
- We continue to practice disinfection and prevention in accordance with OSHA standards.
We consider our community part of our family, and we will do everything we can to see our family, our team, and our community safely through this crisis.